Social workers in Brisbane / SEQ
What is Social Work?
Our social workers proactively work with participants to connect them with their community and access the services they need. We work with clients of all ages and complexity levels who may be at risk of harm or vulnerability.
You can expect our social workers to listen to you without judgement, to advocate for you and to provide you a service you are satisfied with. We will provide guidance and support every step of the way to you and your stakeholders to help you achieve your goals.
How can a social worker help you?
- Sustainably build your knowledge-base and awareness of services within your community
- Support you in your journey to build your support network to cater to your needs or to help you engage more meaningfully with your existing network
- Support you to develop autonomy and build upon your self-management skills
- Advocate for you to ensure your wants and needs are met
Social work services available
- Case management
- Complex problem solving
- The facilitation of stakeholder engagement
- Psychosocial assessments and plan review reports
- Applications and advocacy with various agencies including:
- Referrals to other mainstream and NDIS funded supports
- Centrelink and other Government services
- Housing and tenancy
- Companion Card
- Health, Medical and Hospital
- NDIS/Aged Care
- Taxi Forms, Disability Forms
- Support to gain ID documents
- Research to plan events and activities in the community
- Support to explore study, work, and other meaningful activities
- Psychoeducation for participants and stakeholders
- Safety plans and risk assessments
Meet our Social Worker
Master of Social Work
Ph: 0426 862 074
Amar is a highly experienced social worker and specialist support coordinator, with over 5 years’ experience working with participants on the NDIS. Amar works with participants of all ages and specialises in working with adult participants presenting with severe and persistent mental illness including depression and anxiety, psychotic disorders, and personality disorders. Amar also has speciality in working with participants with backgrounds of Trauma, and Acquired Brain Injury.
Amar uses the asset-based community development (ABCD) model when working individually with clients. ABCD is a ‘bottom-up’ approach with its core principles being that everyone has strengths and assets, and that relationships build a community. Social workers as ‘connectors’ are responsible in ensuring participants are linked with their communities. Amar is also passionate about poststructuralist ideology and promotes social justice, and equal opportunity and access in his every day practice.
When Amar isn’t at work, he enjoys spending time with his partner and his two dogs, and watching and playing sports.
You can contact Amar via mobile on 0426 862 074 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know
Me as Music: It might depend on my mood that day
Me in 5 words: compassionate, committed, persistent, thoughtful, conscientious
Me in Emoji: ♂️🎮🦮📺🌯
Me as fruit: A ‘what fruit am I’ quiz told me I was an apple.
Beach or bush: Can I say both?
Submit a Referral
Submit an online referral via the link below.